Be part of the experience.
If you would like to be part of the Oceans Festival by selling food, drinks or craft, please read through the general information below prior to applying to be a Stallholder at the 2021 Whitianga Oceans Festival below then email [email protected]
Please note that there are no more places available for wines or beers, but we welcome craft and food stall applications.
Stall Holder Application – GENERAL INFORMATION
2021 Key Dates
|Festival Date||18th September 2021||10am - 5pm|
|Stall holder Application due||31st May 2021||5pm|
|Stall holder Application confirmed||8th June 2021||5pm|
|Full payment due||30th June 2021||5pm|
|Copy of approved licence sent to us||31st July 2021||5pm|
|Festival site set up for stalls||17th September 2021||12noon|
Lyon Park, corner of Albert and Dundas Street, Whitianga – Mercury Bay Rugby Club grounds
Expected Festival Attendee numbers
The event is capped at 5500.
This is a fantastic opportunity to:
• Showcase your business
• Expand your client base
• Fundraise for your community group
• Stimulate sales at a quiet time of the year
• Introduce new brands/products to the market
Marketing & Promotional Yields
• Stand Name & Cuisine dishes listed in official programme – distributed upon entry and to sponsors and media
• Listing on Whitianga Oceans Festival Website Stallholders page – with link to your own website
• Specialty dishes will feature in media articles, press and magazine – local, national and international distribution
• Potential to gain exposure through Whitianga Oceans Festival Facebook.
Maximise your Participation in the Festival
• Be creative – with your stand and what you intend to sell on the day – ensure you have enough food to offer festival goers
• Make sure you attach a Press Release to your application form – the festival manager may use this in promoting your presence at the festival
• Let people know you’re at the festival (e.g. place the festival banner on your website, Facebook page, in store promo, advertising)
• Offer incentives for future purchases
• Provide a competition to capture information for customer databases (with their permission of course)
Terms and Conditions:
• This is an application only, not a guarantee. The festival reserves the right to refuse entry/restrict what an exhibitor sells at the festival.
• The exhibitor stocks for the event at their own risk. The festival or its organizers will not be held liable for any loss made by the exhibitor, through cancellation or other factors.
• All food safety and sale of liquor guidelines must be abided by. These will be provided
upon acceptance of your application.
• The exhibitor fee is non-refundable and non-transferable
• The exhibitor agrees only to sell the product described in this application
• Exhibitors have access to the site from 12pm – 6pm on Friday 17th September for stall
set up. Any large equipment must be set up Friday.
• Stall holders must attend one briefing Friday 17th September at either 12.00pm or
• All vehicles must be off site and parked by 8.30am on the day – access open from
• Exhibitors must be completely set up ready to trade at 9am (1 hour prior to the festival
• Local exhibitors will be given priority over out of town.
• Food vendors must use biodegradable plates and cutlery, no plastics please.
• Stall Holders approved for selling alcohol must apply for their own special liquor license, which will be at your cost.
• Stall Holders selling alcohol must have someone on site that holds an alcohol managers licence.
• Alcohol sales will be restricted to areas, general stallholders will not be permitted to sell alcohol unless through application.
• Sponsors wine and beer is the only alcohol to be sold by exhibitors unless the exhibitor is a winery, whereby they may sell their own product.
• No community groups will be allowed to sell alcohol.
• A limited number of stalls will be permitted to sell liquor in the designated drinking
areas– this is at the organisers discretion.
• Serving to minors or intoxicated persons will not be tolerated.
• Alcohol sales will not be permitted after 4.00pm.
• The Alcohol guidelines must be on display throughout the event. (These will be supplied
to you in your pre event info packs)
• Stall Holders selling alcohol must sign a copy of the alcohol disclaimer which states they
will abide by the Alcohol Management Plan and Alcohol Guidelines of the festival.
• The Festival encourages stall holders to keep their pricing reasonable, and portions to tasting size rather than a meal to allow patrons a chance to sample a variety of stalls. Base food prices between $5 & $12 per dish and glasses of wine between $6.50 & $8.50 per glass.
Community groups qualify for a 20% discount off the stall site cost only – must be a non-profit society/organisation/community group.
• All approved stalls selling alcohol must apply to TCDC for a Special Licence.
• All approved stalls selling food must hold the relevant Food Licence.
• Full payment and a copy of all approved licences to be sent to
[email protected] by 31st July 2021